Tag: #DRC
-

EBOLA OUTBREAK BECOMES DEADLIEST IN DR CONGO’S HISTORY
The World Health Organisation (WHO) says the ongoing Bundibugyo Ebola outbreak in the Democratic Republic of the Congo (DRC) has become the deadliest in the country’s history, with 2,325 deaths recorded so far. According to WHO, the outbreak has surpassed the 2,299 deaths recorded during the 2018–2020 Ebola outbreak. Confirmed cases have also risen to…
-

DRC EBOLA OUTBREAK: OVER 300 CHILDREN DEAD AS EXPERTS BACK VACCINE TRIAL
More than 300 children have died in the Ebola outbreak in eastern Democratic Republic of the Congo (DRC), with the United Nations warning that children and women are bearing a disproportionate share of the health crisis. The UN Children’s Fund (UNICEF) said children account for nearly a quarter of confirmed Ebola cases but almost one-third…
-

AFRICA CDC, WHO CALL FOR COMMUNITY-LED ACTION AS DRC EBOLA OUTBREAK ESCALATES
The Africa Centres for Disease Control and Prevention (Africa CDC) and the World Health Organization (WHO) have called for urgent community-led action to contain the worsening Ebola outbreak in the Democratic Republic of the Congo (DRC). Following a joint high-level mission to Uganda and the DRC, the agencies urged stronger case detection, contact tracing, treatment…
-

EBOLA DEATH TOLL TOPS 1,500 AS D.R CONGO BATTLES RAPIDLY GROWING OUTBREAK
The Democratic Republic of the Congo (DRC) has recorded more than 1,500 deaths in its latest Ebola outbreak, with health authorities confirming 1,521 fatalities and 3,442 laboratory-confirmed cases since the outbreak began in late April. Officials said the outbreak has a 44 per cent fatality rate, while health experts warned the true number of infections…
-

EBOLA: FRANCE REPORTS FIRST CASE IN DOCTOR RETURNING FROM CONGO
France on Wednesday June 24 confirmed its first Ebola case during the current outbreak, as a doctor returning from a humanitarian mission in the Democratic Republic of the Congo (DRC) tested positive. The ministry in a statement said the patient has been placed in isolation and health authorities are tracing contacts, adding that the risk…
-

EBOLA: OVER 1,000 PEOPLE INFECTED IN DRC, TODDLER DIES
Ebola has now infected more than 1,000 people in the Democratic Republic of Congo in an outbreak that has spread to a third displacement camp and killed an 18-month-old girl. Congo’s government confirmed that its death toll reached 254. A Congolese health report stated that the 18-month-old baby tested for Ebola on June 14 in…
-

EBOLA CASES SURPASS 1,000 AS DEATH TOLL REACHES 254
The ongoing Ebola outbreak in the Democratic Republic of the Congo (DRC) and neighbouring Uganda has exceeded 1,000 confirmed cases, with 254 deaths recorded since May 15, 2026. Dr Tedros Ghebreyesus, Director-General of the World Health Organization (WHO), said the figures in a post on the organisation’s official X account on Tuesday June 23, highlighting…
-

W.H.O CHIEF URGES CEASEFIRE IN D.R.C TO CURTAIL EBOLA OUTBREAK
The World Health Organisation has called for an immediate ceasefire in the eastern Democratic Republic of the Congo (DRC) to help tackle the Ebola outbreak. WHO Director General, Tedros Ghebreyesus made the call on Thursday May 28 in his message to the people of DRC posted on the agency’s website. The WHO chief urged people…
-

UN AGENCIES INTENSIFY EBOLA RESPONSE IN EASTERN DRC
UN agencies have intensified response efforts to contain the ongoing Ebola outbreak in eastern Democratic Republic of the Congo (DRC), delivering medical supplies, protective equipment, and logistical support. UN spokesperson Stéphane Dujarric said peacekeeping and humanitarian teams are supporting government-led response efforts, with Ituri identified as the epicentre of the outbreak. He noted that operations…
-

WHO REPORTS OVER 500 SUSPECTED EBOLA CASES, 130 DEATHS IN DRC OUTBREAK
The World Health Organisation (WHO) says more than 500 suspected Ebola cases and about 130 suspected deaths have been recorded in the Democratic Republic of Congo (DRC). WHO officials say only 30 cases have been confirmed so far, while investigations continue into the spread of the outbreak, which has also reached parts of North Kivu…
